Do What Makes You Happy ~ Be With Who Makes You Smile ~ Laugh As Much As You Breath~ Love As Long As You Live
Message from the Principal:
Dear Magnificent Midway Families,
Love is in the air, and exciting things are happening at Carrington Midway. I always love the month of February. From finding out what the groundhog has to say about spring, to all of the sweet valentines that are shared, and of course our second annual Kiss the Pig fundraiser. It truly is a busy and fun time for all.
Now that we are through ringing in the new year, it is time to focus on admission season for the fall. We are well underway with our In House registration for Private Pre-K, TK, Kindergarten, and 1st grade. Our In House registration will end on February 6th and we will open our program up to the community. PLEASE do not delay with your registration as our private programs are on a wait list currently, and will quickly fill up for the fall. We are truly blessed to have a thriving school as many have had to close their doors! I contribute this to our AMAZING teachers and staff! If you would like to schedule a time to meet, regarding fall class placement for your child, please don’t hesitate to call me. I would love to discuss the program differences and compare them to your family’s needs to ensure the most appropriate fit. As well as discuss our potential Kindergarten program. Remember, if you turn in your Pre-K- Kindergarten registration form along with a deposit BEFORE February 6th, you will receive $250 off of your deposit for the first month tuition in the fall.
By the way…. THE PIGS ARE COMING! Don’t forget to bring spare change to “Feed” the pigs!!!!
Collaborating Successfully Together,
Kara Willbanks, Principal
- Refer a new family to Carrington Academy and receive a $100 statement credit. Credit given when the new family begins attendance and pays the admission fees.
- February 2-13: Kiss the Pig Fundraiser
- February 13: Valentine’s Day Parties & Kiss the Pig Ceremony
- February 16: No School- Forsyth County & GA Pre-K
- February 18: Celebrate Snow Day
Links to Learning Goals:
This is a glimpse of what each classroom will be focusing on. Please see the classroom bulletin board for more detailed lessons.
Baby Sign Language: This month’s baby sign is “all done,” place both hands in front of your chest and flip them outwards and inwards. For further assistance, have your child’s teacher show you how to make the baby sign.
This month, your child will learn how to connect the events in stories to their own life experiences, match animals with their sounds, and continue identifying shapes and colors.
This month, your child will continue using sequence vocabulary (i.e. first, second), name basic shapes and learn about farms and farm animals.
This month your child will continue to identify uppercase and lowercase letter, recognize numerals 1-40, and create original patterns.
This month, your child will use adjectives to describe settings, place objects in order by length, and add and subtract using concrete objects.
Read Together, Talk Together:
This is a glimpse of the books that will be introduced this month. Please see classroom bulletin boards for additional themed books.
- The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats
- The Mitten by Jan Brett
- Sneezy the Snowman by Maureen Wright
- Going on a Bear Hunt by Michael Rosen
- Bear Dreams by Elisha Cooper
Vocabulary Words: new year, calendar, celebration, resolution, happy, bells, party, decorations, balloons, time
Monthly Spotlight: Pizza Pinwheels
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup chopped pepperoni (about 64 slices)
- 1/2 cup Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional, warmed, optional
- 1. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 16-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Sprinkle with cheeses and pepperoni.
- 2. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Cut into 2-in. slices. Place cut side down in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; lightly press down to flatten.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with spaghetti sauce if desired. Yield: 8 appetizers.
Employee of the Month
Our teacher of the month of February is Kelly Hoffman. Kelly joined our Carringotn Family in August, and we are so thrilled to have her here! Kelly is truly passionate about teaching and touching lives. She ignites curiosity, and is full of charisma and kindness. Whether Kelly is helping bring a lesson to life, reading a book, or playing with her students on the playground she is always engaged and her students love her. Congratulations Ms. Kelly! We love having you as our Pre-K teacher.