Links to Learning September Curriculum Goals
Baby Sign Language:
This month, your child will practice describing and learning size, color, and shape vocabulary. They will also repeat numbers 1-10, and follow 2 step directions.
This month, your child will learn to differentiate between numbers and letters, repeat patterns of three, and identify personal characteristics.
This month, your child will use adjectives to describe people and objects, finish incomplete sentences in poems and nursery rhymes, and learn about tempo in music.
Read together, Talk together
***This is a glimpse of what books will be introduced this month. Please see classroom bulletin boards for additional themed books.
Golden Bear by Ruth Young
Corduroy by Don Freeman
Brown Bear, Brown Bear by Bill Martin
Police Officer, School, Restaurant, Vehicle, Transportation, Hospital
You will need:
- ½ cup rolled oats**
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp. natural almond butter***
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk****
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
1. The night before, add all ingredients to the bowl of your blender and give it a stir to ensure that everything is well combined. Cover and place in fridge for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight.
2. The next morning, blend until a smooth and creamy consistency is reached, adding more milk if smoothie is too thick. Transfer back to a bowl or glass, add desired toppings, and enjoy!
2nd: Early Release (Ga. Pre-K, Kindergarten)
3rd & 4th: Spoiled Rotten Fall Pictures
6th-18th: Coat and Mitten Drive
7th: Carrington Academy Closed
8th: Raffle Tickets for Fall Festival go on Sale
9th: National Teddy Bear Day: Bring your favorite teddy to school
11th: Grandparents Day Tea in the Garden
Private Pre-K: 3:30
Transitional Kindergarten: 3:30
GA PK: 1:45
14th: Last Day of donations for Fall Festival Baskets
15th &16th: Fall Pictures (With Uniforms Intermediates and Up)
24th: Touch a Truck on site visitor 10am-12pm
26th:Annual Fall Festival @ Fowler Park 11am-1pm
28th-October 2nd: Fall Break (Georgia Pre K, Kindergarten)