Links To Learning October Curriculum Goals
Baby Sign Language:
This month, your child will answer “What”, “Where”, and “Yes/No” questions, identify one object versus many, and learn names of community helpers.
This month, your child will learn to whisper, name basic three-dimensional shapes, describe how objects are similar and different, and name and explore the five senses.
This month, your child will retell stories including the main characters and events, build subtraction skills, and use a journal to communicate their thoughts and ideas.
Read Together, Talk Together
***This is a glimpse of what books will be introduced this month. Please see classroom bulletin boards for additional themed books.
October Days to Remember
Minions on a Stick
- 12 large marshmallows
2 cups yellow candy melts
3 blue Fruit-Rollups
1 tube Betty Crocker™ black decorating icing, fitted with writers tip
24 small or large candy eyeballs
1 Bag Sucker sticks
- 1 Melt candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl, according to package directions.
- 2 Dip one end of the sucker sticks into the candy melt. Press sucker sticks into marshmallows, and allow candy melt to cool.
- 3 Dip entire marshmallow into the candy melt, until fully coated. Press the bottom of the sucker stick into a piece of styrofoam, allow candy melt to cool completely.
- 4 Slice fruit rollups into 1/2 inch strips. Press strip around the bottom portion of the marshmallow to create blue overalls for your minions.
- 5 Pipe a big, black circle (or two smaller black circles) onto each marshmallow. Press a candy eyeball (or two candy eyeballs) into the icing.
- 6 Pipe a thin, black line from one side of the eyeball, around the back of the marshmallow, until it touches the other side of the eyeballs to create goggle lines.
- 7 Allow icing to harden completely. Share!