Links To Learning December Curriculum Goals
***This is a glimpse of what each classroom will be focusing on. Please see the classroom bulletin board for more detailed lessons.
Baby Sign Language:
This month’s baby sign is “daddy” To sign the word “daddy”, tap your thumb on your forehead repeatedly.
This month, your child will continue to use descriptive words, understand the concept of three, and share his/her family holiday traditions.
This month, your child will refine gross motor skills, practice folding cards, and manipulative playdough.
This month, your child will identify uppercase and lowercase letters, recognize numerals 1-40, and create original patterns.
Pre K 2
This month, your child will give verbal cues to describe objects, count from 1 to 100, and order the days of the week and months of the years sequentially.
Read Together, Talk Together
***This is a glimpse of what books will be introduced this month. Please see classroom bulletin boards for additional themed books.
Christmas, Tree, Ornament, Gifts, Santa, Reindeer, Rudolph, Traditions, Star, Holiday, Sleigh, Stocking, Snow
Eyes on Spanish:
- 3 tablespoonsbutter or margarine
- 1 package(10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows
- – OR –
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® cereal
- – OR –
- 6 cups Kellogg’s® Cocoa Krispies® cereal
- Canned frosting or decorating gel
- M&M’S® brand chocolate candies
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 15 x 10 x 1-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Using 4-inch cookie cutter coated with cooking spray cut into snowman shapes. (If desired, use 2-, 1 3/4- and 1 1/2-inch round cookie cutters coated with cooking spray to cut into circles.)
4. Decorate snowmen with frosting and/or M&M’S® brand chocolate candies. (If using circles, for each snowman connect three different sized circles together with frosting. Decorate with remaining frosting and/or M&M’S® brand chocolate candies.) Best if served the same day.
In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 thru 4 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container.