Links to Learning January Curriculum Goals
***This is a glimpse of what each classroom will be focusing on. Please see the classroom bulletin board for more detailed lessons.
Baby Sign Language:
This month’s baby sign is “Milk” To sign the word “milk” open and close your hand to resemble milking a cow. For further assistance, have your child’s teacher show you how to make the baby sign, or refer to videos and articles on the Web.
This month, your child will practice retelling familiar stories in her own words, understand the concept of four, and learn names for types of locations (i.e. beach, park, mountains).
This month, your child will continue using sequence vocabulary (i.e. first, second), name basic shapes, and learn about farms and farm animals.
This month, your child will continue to identify uppercase and lowercase letters, recognize numerals 1-40, and create original patterns.
Read Together, Talk Together
***This is a glimpse of what books will be introduced this month. Please see classroom bulletin boards for additional themed books.
Sam And The Lucky Money by Karen Chinn
New Year’s Day by David F. Marx
Happy Chinese New Year Kai-Lan! by Lauren Silverhardt
New Year, Calendar, Celebration, Resolution, Happy, Bells, Party, Decorations, Balloons, Time
Marshmallow Snowman Treats
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees. – Place graham crackers and marshmallows in a baking dish.
– Cover it up loosely so that the marshmallows won’t turn brown. – Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven.
– Meanwhile prepare snowman’s heads.
– Place heads on the heated marshmallow then press them down a little bit.
– Wait for them too cool down then decorate the snowmen the way you like.