This month, your child will learn different ways to develop his visual and motor skills. Blowing bubbles is a great activity for enhancing both visual and motor skills. Baby Sign Language this month is “brother” and “sister”. To sign the word “brother,” take both hands in an “L” shape. Hold one hand down by your chest and place the other hand on your forehead. To sign the word “sister,’ make the same motion as “brother,” but place your one hand at your chin and the other in front of your chest.
This month, your child will learn to answer “what” and “where” questions, understand the concept of five, and identify the names of family members.
Read Together, Talk Together
***This is a glimpse of what books will be introduced this month. Please see classroom bulletin boards for additional themed books.
-Lucky the Leprechaun
What’s Happening this Month
- 1 pkg. vanilla CandiQuik, or another white chocolate almond bark
- 1 pkg Circus Animal Cookies (my favorite!)
- About 2-3 cups Lucky Charms Cereal (depending on as much as you’d like)
- About 1 cup M&M’s candies
- Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with foil. Set aside.
- Melt the vanilla CandiQuik according to package directions or until smooth and melted. Spread the vanilla CandiQuik in an even layer onto the foil. You don’t want it to be super thick, but don’t make it super thin, either.
- Immediately top evenly with broken up Circus cookies, Lucky Charms, M&M’s and sprinkles. Likewise, you could add dried fruits, nuts, or other candies if you’d like.
- Allow the bark to set up before breaking into pieces.