Read Together, Talk Together
***This is a glimpse of what books will be introduced this month. Please see classroom bulletin boards for additional themed books.
-Over in the Meadow
-Mouse’s First Spring
What’s Happening This Month
- 3 tablespoons of butter or margarine
- 1 package of (10 oz., about 40)JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
- 4 cups of JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 6 cups of Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1/2 cup of flaked coconut
- JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- Jelly beans
- Chocolate eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon of water
- 2 to 4 drops of green food coloring
1. In small bowl stir together water and green food coloring. Add coconut. Stir until coconut is tinted. Spread on baking sheet to dry.
2. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
3. Add KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
4. Divide warm mixture into sixteen 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups coated with cooking spray. Shape mixture into individual cups. Cool. Remove from pans.
5. Fill cooled nests with coconut, marshmallows, jelly beans or chocolate eggs. Best if served the same day.
Follow step 1 above. In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 3 thru 5 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
From our Education Department