This month, your child will further learn and develop their fine motor skills. Playing with and using utensils is a great way to enhance these skills, especially utensils with different sized handles that can be used to pick up different kinds of foods. Baby Sign Language this month is “eat.” To sign the word “eat,” make an “O” shape with your hand and bring your hand up to your mouth repeatedly.
Read Together, Talk Together
This is a glimpse of what books will be introduced this month. Please see classroom bulletin boards for additional themed books.
-Over in the Meadow
-Mouse’s First Spring
- 3 tablespoonsbutter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40)JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
- 4 cupsJET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 6 cupsKellogg’s® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1/2 cupflaked coconut
- JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- Jelly beans
- Chocolate eggs
- 1/4 teaspoonwater
- 2 to 4 dropsgreen food coloring
Follow step 1 above. In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 3 thru 5 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.