Links to Learning Curriculum Goals
This is a glimpse of what each classroom will be focusing on in the upcoming Month. Please see the classroom bulletin board for more detailed lessons.
Baby Sign Language this month is “MILK”. Open and close your hand to resemble milking a cow.
This month, your child will practice retelling familiar stories in her own words, understand the concept of four, and learn names for types of locations (I.e. beach, park, mountains, etc. )
This month, your child will continue using sequence vocabulary (i.e. first, second), name basic shapes, and learn about farms and farm animals.
This month, your child will describe the similarities and differences between two stories, create their own short story and tell it aloud, and identify whether a group of objects is greater than, less than, or equal to another group of objects.
Read Together, Talk Together
***This is a glimpse of what books will be introduced this month. Please see classroom bulletin boards for additional themed books.
Marshmallow Snowman Craft (That you can eat!)
- large and/or jumbo marshmallows
- pretzel sticks
- cinnamon red hots
- chocolate chips
- mini peanut butter cups
- rolos candy
- white icing
- black food coloring
- Use the jumbo marshmallows for the adult snowmen and regular large ones for the little snowmen.
- Using icing as glue, paste three marshmallows together and let dry.
- Paint eyes and mouth with black food coloring and a toothpick.
- Use a dab of icing to attach chocolate chip nose and make hats.
- Make pretzel stick arms and paste on buttons