This is by far my favorite time of year. Happy Fall Ya’ll! It’s a little cooler, a little crisper, and the beautiful fall colors are about to appear. This month is going to be a busy one. Many fun activities are planned for our students, as well as a few family activities for you to participate in. Please mark your calendar with activity dates below:
• October 6th is our Parent Appreciation Breakfast. Thank you for choosing Carrington Academy Suwanee! We will provide coffee and Danish for our Spectacular Suwanee Parents.
• October 20th is our annual Fall Festival and Trunk or Treat that will be at Carrington Academy Suwanee. This year we are combining our Fall Festival and Trunk or Treat events for a full evening of fun. Families can enjoy this great event at Carrington Academy Suwanee Campus from 6:00 a.m. to 8p.m. Volunteers Needed! Each year families decorate their vehicles and pass out treats to our students. If interested please see the signup sheet at the front desk.
• October 11th Raffle Basket donation items are due. Please see the front desk for a list of suggested items. Raffle Tickets can be purchased beginning Friday, October 13th. The money that is raised from the raffle will help purchase classroom material.
• October 9th also starts our Yankee Candle Fundraiser. This is a great way to start your holiday shopping. For more information, Catalog and details will be located at the front desk.
Fall is also the time of year when cold and flu’s start to spread. Please help us keep Carrington as germ free as possible by adhering to our illness policy and 24 hour policy of no fever. We will also continue to practice, teach and follow proper hand washing procedures.
We also have a few other reminders:
Fall is a great time to go through your child’s cubby and ensure they have the items needed to comfortably enjoy the coming months. Students should have a complete change of clothes in their cubby that includes;
· A long-sleeved shirt or light sweater
We are looking forward to lots of outdoor time as the weather cools off, and closed toed shoes are necessary for playing on the playground and participating in outdoor lessons. Please ensure that your child has appropriate footwear.
Fall is a great time to build traditions and make memories! As part of our Links to Learning curriculum, we have special activities planned for each of our classes that focus on social and emotional growth. One of these is a school-wide scarecrow making contest. Teachers in each classroom will work with students to come up with a plan for how to create their class scarecrow. Each student will have their own role in the project, whether it is gathering supplies, adding paint or stuffing, helping to clean up or placing the completed scarecrow on display. The scarecrows will be on display the week of 10/23-10/27 for parents to vote on. The winning class will receive a special door decoration to display for their Halloween party.
Cassie, Erin and I cherish the trust you have in our teachers and staff. We are enthusiastic about caring, nurturing, and developing lifelong learners. Please know our management team is always available to answer any questions you may have.